Monday, March 26, 2012

Mountainclimbing!I

I climbed the highest mountain in the country.  Look and see what it was like.
We chartered this train completely to take us there.  About a dozen natives and 12 of us.

The bus from the train station village took us a certain ways, and then this road led up to the  chateau.  You can see the mountain for the first time through the trees.

This is from our first rest break after the chateau, after we got to the upper treeline. 

Resting under the evergreen trees.

Lots of people, eh?  Somebody told me 300+



The last photo I took before I reached the top, but it took a long time to get there from my last caption.





There's the chateau wayyyyy down there.


I think that's actually territory in a neighboring country down there.




Some guys felt the need to take their shirts off to show how tough they are, even though the mountain wasn't that cold.

Unfortunately I didn't document the descent until I was back in the trees here, probably because I accomplished much of it on my posterior, sliding wildly out of control. Exhilarating but exhausting.

I must have been thirsty coming down; I kept photographing the brook.  

2 comments:

jean hudepohl said...

hi dom, liked all the pics and blogs.. thanks and miss you!!

Emily said...

I think you look manly in the earmuffs. :)