Friday, December 17, 2010

Dear Readers

So, I am here at work again, writing a blog for posterity. The week so far has been not too disconcerting. I observed lessons all week, and I was asked to work with the English Olympiad (like English Bowl--a contest) participants. So I asked them questions and they practiced their speaking. Apparently, I will be moving soon, so a new apartment with a new address. But I need a PO box anyway, so there will be that. Be patient my dear correspondents. Hopefully my host family will forward any mail they receive for me. But I will be living at a place on my own! I'm kind of excited and kind of scared and kind of regretting that I won't be near my host family anymore, who are lovely people. I'm getting to know Lutsk a bit better, and I like what I see. Its about 250,000 people, so close to Evansville metro area. The english staff at my school are excellent, and I'm excited to get to work on their kids. It's a bit cold and there's plenty of ice on the sidewalks, but I have yet to fall down in country yet. (knocks on wood.) This weekend I will be a consulting judge on this english olympiad, so hopefully I can figure all of that out. Tonight I'm going to dinner at a fellow volunteer's place in Kivertsi, and over christmas, we will be getting together at a place south of here. near Lopatin. That is all for now kids. More posts to follow!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like you're settling in. Hope you've had a good new year.

This phrase "I'm excited to get to work on their kids." jumped out at me... Did you work them over? Work them out? :) Love you!

Dom said...

Let's just say I worked with them on their past simple tense and their definite articles. Does that make it less entendrey?